Drivers are allowed and encouraged to have their phone mounted, while using Bluetooth or the speaker phone function to communicate, but once that phone is in your hands, officers will make the stop.
MORE LOCAL NEWS
Barbara Kavars took the stand in her own defense.
UP TO THE MINUTE
- Minnesota law enforcement discouraged by number of people not following the hands-free law
- Post Bulletin’s final day downtown
- NOAA Winter Outlook & beautiful weekend
- Iowa dog breeder found guilty of neglect
- State agrees some statements from Cristhian Rivera should be excluded in murder case
- Weiss takes the stand on day five of second-degree murder trial