Officials respond to fire in Rochester hotel

ROCHESTER, Minn. (FOX 47) – The Rochester Fire Department reported that a fire Wednesday evening at a Rochester hotel was likely caused by an ice machine.

Firefighters arrived to the Guest House Inn and Suites just before 6 p.m. Wednesday to find that an employee had already put out the reported fire with an extinguisher.

Crews encountered substantial smoke in the hall outside a vending machine room near the pool area.

Hotel guests were evacuated from the area.

The ice machine was reportedly destroyed and the room was heavily damaged.

The total damage cost for the hotel is estimated at $10,000.

An employee was checked by Gold Cross on the scene but was not taken to the hospital.

myfox47staff

myfox47staff

Top Stories

FOX 47 FORECAST
Rochester
39°
Mason City
39°
Albert Lea
37°
Decorah
39°
Austin
41°
Winona
59°
Connect with My Fox 47
Top Stories
Scroll to top
Skip to content