ROCHESTER, Minn. (FOX 47) — A Rochester man likely died from carbon monoxide poisoning Thursday after staying overnight at his brother’s home.
Fire crews arrived to a home on the 1000 block of 11th Street Southeast just before 9 a.m. Thursday.
The fire crew’s CO alarms went off while performing first aid.
According to police, Rodney Hanson, 61, died at his brother’s home after picking up his 70-year-old brother from the hospital Wednesday night following a procedure.
Hanson called his wife to let her know he would stay the night at his brother’s place to keep an eye on him because he was still not feeling well after the hospital procedure.
But the next morning, Hanson died.
His older brother was taken back to the hospital after the carbon monoxide poisoning incident and as of Friday morning, he is listed in good condition.
According to officials, the appliances were original to the home and had likely started to fail.
An autopsy report will provide the exact cause of death.