Red Cross asked to help Pine Island fire victims

PINE ISLAND, Minn. (FOX 47) –  Grease on a stove is being blamed for a kitchen fire in Pine Island.

Firefighters were called to a home on the 200 block of 8th Street Southwest around 7 p.m. Tuesday.
When they arrived on scene, heavy smoke was coming from the house. A fire was found in the kitchen and extinguished within ten minutes of arrival.

The upstairs of the home had smoke damage.

Crews remained on the scene for about two hours.

The Red Cross was asked to help the family.

myfox47staff

myfox47staff

Top Stories

FOX 47 FORECAST
Rochester
68°
Mason City
71°
Albert Lea
73°
Decorah
70°
Austin
72°
Winona
59°
Stormy Saturday night

Saturday Night: Storm chances remain in the forecast late Saturday night into early Sunday morning. There is a chance for strong to severe weather late

Read More »
Connect with My Fox 47
Top Stories
Scroll to top
Skip to content